Frequently asked questions about Reliant Energy
Will Reliant Energy require a deposit?
Reliant Energy’s prepaid or no-deposit energy plans use a smart meter and do not require a deposit or long-term contracts. Instead, you pay in advance and as you go by adding funds to an account depending on your energy usage.
Will Reliant Energy charge me a cancellation fee?
With fixed-rate plans, most energy suppliers, including Reliant Energy, charge an “early termination fee” when you cancel a contract prior to its expiration date. The charge is $150 for canceling a 12-month plan and $295 for canceling a 24 month plan.
What is the best Reliant Energy plan?
The fact is that your best energy plan may look different than that of other businesses. Energy plans are simply not one-size-fits all. It's true that most businesses prefer fix-rate plans, but other aspects such as energy source and contract length, or using an index plan may be recommended or even required to meet certain industry eco-standards.
What services does Reliant Energy offer?
- Business Services: Reliant Energy provides dependable and cost-efficient energy plans for all sized businesses. For example, their “Business Prime Time” plan saves your business 30% on energy used every night and all weekend. To further support business, they provided online and mobile account management, HVAC services, security systems, backup generators, and surge protection.
- Residential Service: Reliant Energy offers all kinds of energy plans to suit your home’s individual energy needs. Different plans include free nights or weekends such as the “Truly Free Weekends 12, with no cost energy from 8 pmon Friday through 12am Monday or Truly Free Nights 12 with free energy usage from 8pm to 6 am every single night. Both plans are sources from 15% renewable energy.
- Reliant Energy Eco-Initiatives: Smart thermostats help save you money while lowering energy usage. With Reliant Energy’s “Learn & Conserve” 24 plan, they provide you Google Nest at no-cost.
- Moving or Transferring: Take comfort knowing your energy plans move with you by notifying Reliant Energy to schedule a transfer. If you are moving outside Reliant Energy’s service area, simply show proof of your new residence and there will be no early termination fee.
- Renting or Owning: No matter if you own or rent your home or business space, Reliant Energy will ensure you get the energy you need. Reliant Energy’s “Rent Ready” plan is designed to meet specific needs of renters. For renters who are sharing a space, Reliant Energy offers “Split the Bill” to make bill pay easy.
- Reliant Energy Community Service: in 2019 Reliant Energy and their team of dedicated energy professionals served 7,000 volunteer hours all across Texas and gave $3.5 million in funds to essential local community programs.
How do I sign up for Reliant Energy service?
This is the easy part. In 4 simple steps you can save more on your energy.
- Request a Quote.
- Choose the best plan.
- Save more on your business’ energy costs.
- Get Ongoing Support and Renewal Service.
Which Rate is Right for You?
Individual businesses need unique energy plans designed to meet their energy goals. At Integrity Energy, we prioritize your business needs and match you with a plan that provides consistent energy savings. We believe that keeping the lights on for your business should be as easy as flipping a switch!
Let Integrity Energy eliminate the complications and dig through the details for you. If you're not sure where to start, contact one of our experienced Energy Consultants today!