Find the best electricity rates in the state.
With tremendous fields of natural gas and the largest amount of wind-generated electricity in the nation, we all know everything is bigger in Texas. But your electric bill doesn’t have to be.
Energy costs account for a huge portion of your business’s total overhead costs. We make it our business to find the best Texas energy rates for you.
Integrity Energy makes it easy to compare energy rates in Texas and make the smartest choice for their business. You can get a free quote on commercial energy rates and keep the bottom line low on your electricity bill.
Services our customers rely on:
- Comparing business electricity rates.
- Comparing commercial natural gas prices.
- Finding commercial renewable energy plans.
4 Simple Steps to Save More on Commercial Power Rates
Request a Quote
- Choose the Right Plan
- Save More on Energy Costs
- Get Ongoing Support and Renewal Service
Integrity Energy is a great business. They are a very easy company to work with and their employees are so nice. Specifically Amber Bennett. She helps me understand everything that is going on and explains every detail to me about the process, leaving me feeling 100% confident that we are making the best decision for our company!
500+ online reviews. Average 4.6 out of 5 stars.See what our customers have to say
Texas Electric Rates
With the most competitive rates on the market, 90% of Texas residents are serviced through a deregulated energy market. Since 2002, most Texans gained the power to choose a Retail Electric Provider (REP).
Right now, there have never been more choices available in energy options in the state. Energy plans are not one-size-fits all in the vast deregulated energy market. This can make trying to compare electricity rates in Texas complicated and overwhelming. But not with our help; we’re here to simplify things.
Just one call to your dedicated account manager can lower your business’ largest essential overhead cost, keeping the lights shining while meeting your budget. Let us manage the energy market, so you can focus on what you do best: managing your business.
Texas Electric Suppliers
Did you know there are more providers in Texas than anywhere else in the US due to the deregulated energy market? Also called energy providers, they’re responsible for either generating or purchasing electricity before selling it to you. Here are some of the most popular ones.
- Constellation - National supplier of both electric energy and natural gas.
- Direct Energy - Headquartered in Houston, TX, they supply electric power and natural gas to 4 million customers throughout the U.S.
- Gexa Energy - With energy plans sourced from 100% renewable energy, they make saving the planet affordable.
Hunting for the Best Electricity Plan and Rate
If you’re trying to compare electricity rates in Texas to find the most affordable one to power your business, we’ve got you covered. Today, the average price of commercial electricity in the Lone Star state is 8.38 cents/kWh. That means the Texas kWh cost is 26% lower than average across the nation. Commercial energy rates change minute to minute, so let’s walk through the different plans available and find the one that’s right for you.
The Lowdown on Lone Star Business Electricity Rates
- Small Vs. Big Business: The Small Business Administration (SBA) defines businesses in Texas with less than 500 employees as “small,” whether they have 1 or 499 people on staff. (There is some debate among Texas residents if more than 100 employees is more of a medium business.).
- Industry Defines Your Rate: Whichever category your small business falls into defines the commercial rate of electricity you receive. For example, a retail shop pays a different rate than an account office, a transportation company or an industrial small business.
Commercial Electrical Rates Are Made Up of 3 Costs:
- Wholesale: This cost incorporates electricity production (running the power plant), transporting the electricity, and repairing and maintaining and repairing that equipment.
- Supply: This is the charge you see on your electric bill as your usage in kilowatt-hour(kWh). It covers the costs of creating and moving electricity.
- Delivery: This relates to the customer service and local distribution of commercial electricity.
Commercial Electrical Plans are Not One-Size-Fits-All
- Fixed Rate Plans: Fixed electric rates are locked in through a contract, keeping your rate consistent regardless of the current electric rate. While wholesale Texas electricity costs vary, these plans help keep your budget predictable and affordable, giving you the energy security you need.
- Variable-Rate Plans: These rates are determined by the current state of the energy market. You get a cheaper rate when energy is abundant but pay higher rates in times of peak demand or low production. These plans offer the flexibility of no contract but are high in risk.
- Pre-Paid Plans: Using a smart meter, the customer pays in advance. Then the provider adjusts the account as energy is used. When the balance runs low, the consumer adds additional funds to an online account and no contract is required.
Why shop Texas energy rates with Integrity Energy?
Over the last decade, thousands of Texan businesses have trusted Integrity Energy to help them use their energy choice wisely. With a strong network of Texas electricity providers, our goal is to get you all of your energy options so you can be an informed shopper and make the most of your power to choose.
We stand out from other brokers by providing:
Highly competitive, affordable electricity rates
With over 40,000 businesses served nationwide, we’re able to negotiate pricing that can be up to 50 percent lower than the average commercial electricity rate. We then pass our buying power - and lower rates - on to you and your business. We’ve spent over a decade building relationships with some of the top energy providers serving the state of Texas, so whether you’re a mom-and-pop shop in Odessa or the next big hot spot in downtown Austin, we’ll find you an energy plan that suits your needs.
Fast, personalized service you can hang your hat on
Integrity Energy’s fully-staffed account management and back-office teams help make the energy shopping process seamless from start to finish. We’re available Monday through Friday each week to answer any questions you have about finding a good electricity rate in Texas, and handle all aspects of the transition to keep your business running smoothly.
Ongoing consultative support and follow-up
When it comes time to renew or switch to a new energy plan, it can be hard to stay on top of the dates, rates and other details needed to complete the process. Luckily, as an Integrity Energy customer, you won’t have to worry about it. Once you partner with us, our highly-trained renewal team will proactively reach out ahead of time to provide you with your options so all you’ll have to do is review and choose the best business electricity plan for your needs.
Find electricity and natural gas providers in your area
Abundance of Texas Sun and Wind
Green Energy Plans: With a consistent western wind and long sunny days, this great state has one of the most abundant supplies of renewable resources in the United States. In fact, Texas produces more wind power than any other U.S. State and is only 5th in solar production! This makes opting for local green energy an excellent way to go.
Frequently Asked Questions About Energy Shopping in Texas
What is a good electric rate in Texas?
As of May 2021, the average commercial electricity rate in Texas is 8.52 ¢/kWh. Texas’ average residential electricity rate is 11.96 ¢/kWh.
To find an electric plan with a great price per kWh for your Texas business, get a free quote from our team today.
When is the best time to shop for electricity in Texas?
Typically, the best time to shop Texas electricity plans is in the winter or early spring when usage is lower. However, as of May of this year, commercial electric rates are trending downward following the equalization of the market after the Texas Energy Crisis of February 2021. Electricity prices have decreased 47% over the last 5 months.
Don’t wait for the next spike - find a fixed-rate electricity plan while prices are decreasing to keep your business price protected for the long run.
More Energy Questions?
- Read our fact sheet to get all your business questions answered.
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter at the bottom of our homepage for the latest commercial energy market trends, tips and updates right to your inbox.
Which Rate is Right for You?
With over 50 years of combined executive experience, our team of energy professionals constantly monitor the current landscape for shifts that affect your business. Keeping your business bright, comfortable, and functioning smoothly should be easy.
Let Integrity Energy eliminate the complications and dig through the details for you. If you're not sure where to start, contact one of our experienced Energy Consultants today!